Friday, September 26, 2008

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT CAMMIE'S BLOG FOR A GREAT CAUSE

Carolyn King recently lost her Grandmother to Alzheimer's Disease and has donated a generous amount of money (to Alzheimer's Association) from her proceeds earned from selling her Flourishes stamp set. She has gotten a huge response from companies and crafters who wanted to donate stamp sets and other crafting items and handmade cards.

Here are just three companies who donated: Paper Pretties, My Favorite Things, and Stamping Bella. Two bloggers/crafters who also donated are: Jen Del Muro, and Susan Liles. Be sure and check out these gals fabulous blogs as well. Links are to the right of my blog. So, Cammie is giving away all that has been donated by having this Big Blog Candy Giveaway on her Blog! Be sure to check out Cammies blog. I was not able to link her blog in this post, but if you go to the right of my blog under my Blog List be sure to click on MY BLOG and it should link you to her blogspot. I am new to this Blogging thing and am still trying to learn. If anyone knows how to add links to these posts please send me a comment. Thanks!

Here is my card that I made in recognition of Alzheimers Day which was last Sunday, September 21st. My husband lost his mother to Alzheimers Disease two years ago. She had two wonderful and amazing caregivers and her beloved husband and son who also cared for her and were by her side everyday. My husband misses his mother dearly and contributes generously to the Alzheimer's Association. Alzheimers is a an awful disease and I hope that there will be a cure someday. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who are and have been affected by this horrible disease.

Here is the card I made and a picture of my husband and his mother.



No comments: