Wednesday, July 1, 2009

SUMMER TIME

It is scorching HOT here in N. Texas and I love it!!!! (sometimes)




What I do love is cooking, therefore I collect COOKBOOKS!!! I just wanted to share some of my favorite cookbooks with you. This past month I have made some good recipes out of the Deen Bros. Cookbook. I just love them and their Mother and once had the opportunity to meet Mrs. Paula Deen at one of her book signings. I got a great picture with her (if I can find it) and she is just as pretty and genuine in person as she is on TV. I just love her and me some BUTTER!!!! LOL!

I also found a super easy recipe for the Perfect Iced Tea! I found it in the FTW Star-Telegram. I made it and it tasted sooooo good and it was PERFECT!!! Recipe to follow.

Anyway, these are not all of my cookbooks I have another two shelves filled to the max on the end of my kitchen Island. I also have soooo many cooking magazines. I love to cook and bake and do not use my cookbooks as often as I should but hey, I try! My husband was real pleased with the last dinners and lunches I made and all the recipes came from some of these cookbooks.

The Salad book pictured is a good book as well and I made a salad and the dressing out of that book. Super Easy! Oh, and did I tell you I am addicted to the Food TV Network and FOOD? I love it all!!!

Enjoy the pics and let me hear from you! Here is the recipe for the tea.

Perfect Iced Tea

8 - single -serving tea bags

8 - cups of boiling water

1/2 to 1 cup of sugar (see note)

Garnish of choice

1. Combine tea bags and water in tempered glass pitcher. Cover and steep for 20 minutes.

2. Add sweetner such as sugar, stevia or honey, stirring well to dissolve. Remove and discard tea bags. Allow tea to cool at room temperature.
Chill and serve over ice.

3. Garnish with lemon, lime or orange slices, or mint leaves.

Side note: I sugguest making extra tea and pour the tea into an ice cube tray and freeze. Use those tea cubes as your ice this way more tea melts in your tea rather than water ice cubes which can water down your tea.

This makes two quarts of Tea.



I made this Tea yesterday and it was the "Perfect" Iced Tea I had ever made in such a long time.

Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love cookbooks too, and have way to many!