Wednesday, June 22, 2011

USED FURNITURE

Now take a close look - this is the picture I took in the store....it looks more greenish - huh?

Well I do not know if you all remember back in February when we got that really cold Winter and low low temperatures in the teens; our house sprinklers busted and our home flooded with six inches of water throughout the downstairs. To make a long story short, we had over $80,000 worth of damage.

Our home has finally been remodeled, and it looks great!!! We have the final inspection next week! We made a lot of changes, changed out Granite to a lighter color, wall paints to a lighter color, adding Plantation Shutters, added a new Entertainment system, Wine Bar, carpets, hardwood flooring (a lighter shade and better quality wood), new doors inside and out, new hardware, faucets, shower doors, etc. etc. We are very pleased with the way it turned out and cannot wait to move back in.

In the meantime, we said we were not going to buy any more furniture. Well, except Bedroom furniture because we want a lighter color and no more dark wood. Not many furniture stores carry light colored wood furniture anymore!! So, we went to a High Dollar Consignment Store and they had a lot of good things! We ended up buying a living room set for our new reading/quiet/relaxing room which used to be my hubby's office. Anyway, this furniture caught our eyes and we just had to have it. Now, in the store it looked more of Green tones. We get it delivered to our home and place it in the reading room and the color changed. Isn't that weird!!! I sat there staring at it for about thirty minutes second guessing our purchase! Like I always do and hubby gets frustrated with me because of that! Anyway, I hope we made a good choice for that room. The dogs love it and had to do their usual sniff and sit on it. I think they enjoy it because now they can perch up on the couch and look out the window!!!

I think after we get the room decorated and add an area rug and shutters in place it will perhaps all fall together and look elegant! But, I am stuck with it either way. I do like it, but I always think and know that I will find something better afterwards. Happens to me all the time! LOL!

Funny thing, my dear friend and neighbor down the street have similar furniture in their living area......I hope when they see it they do not think we are copying them....although their home looks like a model home and is super clean and nicely decorated!!

oh well!!!



2 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love that couch...

GiGi said...

You were right. That is not the Christian attitude and I am sorry if I offended you. I was not nor am I jealous. I felt like perhaps you were a tad bit snobbish, but perhaps that is my mistake. Again forgive me for rude remarks.