Thursday, December 13, 2012

December Madness

Are you done with decorating and Christmas Shopping?  I wish I could say I was.  I have proscratinated so much this season that I am ashamed to say that my house needs a deep cleaning and organizing. This is the longest I have neglected it.  I do not know about you all but I can decorate in a snap for Halloween and Fall but Christmas just stresses me out.  I still have final touches and more ornaments to put on my tree. Each year I add new ornaments and each year I break at least five ornaments when trying to place on tree or they just simply slip out of my hand.  grrrrr! 

I still have several storage containers full of Christmas and some empty and all are either in the media room or on pool table and in gameroom.  I have sold alot of Christmas Decor on Craigs List. I am finally getting rid of old decorations that I no longer use and people buy it! LOL!  I am tired of messing with old garlands and half the lights do not work or small Christmas trees and sometimes the lights work and sometimes they don't! Very frustrating.  Plus, I have sooooo much stuff I am running out of attic and closet space! 

In the meantime, I dream of baking cookies and making Divinity but then reality snaps in and I say to myself like I have one hundred times before........"You must get this house organized and cleaned and finish decorating" but each day it does not get done. Half of my time is spent at the Gym like three times a week I spend two hours there.  The other days I play! Sometimes, just on the computer, browsing blogs (which I love reading), Facebook (which takes up too much of my time) and Instagram (taking pics all day long) and I have piles of laundry to be folded!

But, we have taken time out of our busy schedule to look at Christmas lights and dine at fine restuarants (Thanks to Groupon Deals).  I took one whole day, a Sunday to have a photo shoot with my dogs. I created the backdrop and my husband made the frame for the backdrop. You will see in pics. I bought the sheer panels at an Estate sale and just had to have them! LOL! The day of the photo shoot my dogs were just not in the mood to pose for me much less sit still. I tried hard to get a pic of all three together and as you can see below I did, but they just did not want to cooperate.  Dogs are just like people, so human!

I have also found time to just sit back and relax and admire my beautiful Christmas Tree. I have not taken a very good pic of it yet, but as soon as I do I will post.  I keep my sanity by going to the Spa (love the silver polish with glitter on top) and by keeping lot's of wine on hand and coffee so that I can dip my yummy Gingerbread Biscotti in it!  On my thighs!!!! LOL!










I hope you all enjoying the season! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

No..I haven't got my tree up...and NO I haven't done my shopping. Chaos reigns in my neck of the woods.

Such lovely photos of your Elf and your hairy babies.